Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"Looking for Something"

My friend Ali wrote a gospel insight post on her blog off a thought I had, so I thought I would post it here too.

http://ali-roadnottaken.blogspot.com/

"Tonight while eating dinner with the sister missionaries at the Peterson's,
Ashley shared a thought that I really liked.
So I'm re-sharing it.

Do you ever notice when you're looking to buy something, you see it everywhere?
Say you're looking into buying a red Jeep;
you start to see red Jeeps all over the place.
It's not that there actually are more red Jeeps, you are simply more aware and notice them more easily.

The same is true with the Godhead; our Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost.
When we are looking to invest in a relationship and seek them out,
we become more aware of their existence in our lives.
We see their workings all over the place.
We more easily recognize the promptings of the Holy Ghost,
we see the Lord's hand in our everyday life,
and we notice the blessings that come each and every day.

I am so grateful for the Gospel. For the blessing it has been in my life, and the happiness that it brings to so many others. I was able to attend a convert baptism today of a girl only a year younger than me. Even though I don't know her at all, I was so touched by her spirit and glowing countenance. I am so happy for her. I know she has begun a loving relationship with her Heavenly Father, has felt the promptings of the Holy Ghost, and knows and appreciates the sacrifice that our brother Jesus Christ made for us. I am so excited for the life that is before her, for the outpouring of blessings that will come from her choice to be baptized. This Gospel is true. I know it in my heart. I see the joy and happiness that comes from the knowledge of its truthfulness. I personally feel that joy and happiness every day. I am so grateful for the blessing that this knowledge has been in my life; I would not be who I am today without it."


No comments:

Post a Comment